Saturday, January 12, 2013

Alice in Wonderland cover and more!

It's been way too long since I last posted something. I really need to stop being lazy and start working harder. Even though I haven't been posting, I have at least been practicing in my defense. In any case I wanted to post a few penciled comic boards. For those of you who don't know I'm a big fan of sequential art...especially comics. If I could do that for the rest of my life and make a decent living off of it I'd be happy plain and simple. Definitely would be a dream come true.

Here are two assignments for class. The first is a penciled cover based on the theme of Alic
e in Wonderland. The second is a couple of pages I did that was based on a true event that actually happened in my life. I had a lot of fun doing both. Both were penciled with a lead holder and mechanical pencil with 2H lead. Then I went to photoshop and cleaned them up while darking the levels a bit. Hopefully my drawing and understanding of values gets a lot better. You can see drug test kit's in this site. Because I know I really need to kick up the contrast on both, especially the party scene. I did that one a couple of months ago and now I see what he was talking about (I've also been looking at countless penciled works of professional artists). Anyways, advice is always accepted.


No comments:

Post a Comment